There are many reasons to get the air duct system cleaned. Some of these reasons include:
Homeowners that are in need of an air duct cleaning may need to accomplish one or all of these goals, but overall, a dirty air duct system will lead to less efficiency in your system and compromised indoor air quality.
- To restore the home after fire or water damage
- To reduce the possibility of a home fire
- To lower energy costs
- To eliminate allergy-causing agents
- To breathe cleaner, healthier air
- To eliminate musty odors
- To save money on future repairs to the system
- To eliminate the amount of dust in the home.
Dirty air ducts can be a scary sight. Over time, dust, hair, mildew, and soot collects on air duct surfaces and falls into the crevices of your once-clean air duct system.
So where does all of that air duct debris end up?
Dirty air duct contaminants are blown from your air ducts out into the air you breathe. Air duct contaminants can also be found floating down the walls and onto the carpets, where you'll see it build up along your baseboards.